Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Posting format

Hi guys,

My name is John.

Quite frankly, I think my wife's first review was quite disappointing.
So I will be introducing a posting format to you that I will be adhering to for my reviews.
I hope my wife takes it up, but if she doesn't,... well you know what to expect from me.

My reviews will be in the following format.

1. Introduction.
This section will contain information about the venue. The name of the venue, the location of the venue, and other generic information I may have about the venue.

2. How I went there.
This section will contain information about how I became aware of the venue, the coupon offer in question, and why I chose this coupon vendor as opposed to any other.

3. Primary offering
The primary offering is food for restaurants, and the room for accomodation.
Food will be a major component in my post... because I am quite picky about the quality of the food. An overall score out of 10 will be given, relative to other vendors in the same segment. That is... a 10 for a sandwich stall and a 10 for Vue De Monde should not be treated the same because they are obviously in different segments of the market!!!

4. Secondary offering
For restaurants, the secondary offering is Service and Ambience.
I will be lumping these together, as I believe they are part and parcel of the experience, but not individually as important as the primary offering. Hence, this will also be given a score out of 10.

5. Value
There will be 2 scores given to value. One for the full priced menu, and a second for the coupon offering. This section will also contain strategies to maximize value if there are any available.

6. Coupon experience
This section will note any variances we experience for coupon users versus the full price paying counterparts. We will carefully monitor the institution for any variances we note in booking, service and other aspects specifically directed at couponeers. A 10/10, which we believe should happen quite frequently - but doesn't, means that the experience of a coupon user is identical to that of a non-coupon user, but at a fraction of the price. It does not mean that the service is fantastic or anything else, although we've found that it is usually the good service institutions that treat coupon users and full priced customers the same... and the smaller vendors that were treating coupon users like unwanted nuissances.

7. Overall recommendation.
Again, this section is to be divided into full priced, and coupon user reviews.

I hope you enjoy this new format.
Please post your recommendations for further improvements to posting format.

1 comment:

  1. Look forward to reading the blogs. I know how hard it can be to exchange some coupons but i still persist using them where ever i can.

    ReplyDelete